CCCC is now accepting proposals to present at our upcoming 2020 Annual Summit. The submission deadline for poster proposals is Friday, February 7, 2020.
Poster Session Description
Poster topics should focus on programs and projects that increase access to palliative care or advance care planning.
They should include a program description, solutions that address the topic and a description of the results (outcomes/data).
Posters will be viewed during a networking reception where conference attendees will have an opportunity to talk with the poster presenters and learn from their work.
Topic ideas include:
- Successful models of palliative care across the continuum
- Integrating advance care planning into the healthcare systems and/or communities
- Ethical challenges related to serious illness and strategies to address those challenges
- Self-medication and alternative treatments
- Technology advances and trends related to serious illness, such as:
- Increased data demands and use
- Data security
- Opioids, marijuana and alternative pain management
- Self-care for clinicians/managing burnout
- POLST quality improvement
- Increasing access to palliative care for diverse populations (i.e., LGBTQ, homeless, development disability, those with behavioral health concerns)
- Innovations in palliative care in long-term care settings
- Innovations in patient and family engagement (from healthcare provider or patient prospective)
- Evolving palliative care applications for pediatrics, adolescents, and young adults
- Implementing palliative care for adult and pediatric Medi-Cal enrollees
- Successful work/life balance approaches
- Social determinants of health as they relate to palliative care
- Lessons learned from SB1004 implementation
ALL health professionals are eligible! Commercial posters are not eligible.