A limited number of scholarships are currently available for engaged patients and caregivers, as well as California State employees to attend the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California’s 12th Annual Summit on May 4-6, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency in Sacramento. The deadline for all scholarship applications is March 31, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be notified on or before April 6, 2020.
ENGAGED PATIENT/CAREGIVER SCHOLARSHIPS (Funding support provided by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute – PCORI)
Goal: To hear the authentic patient voice and incorporate it into palliative care messaging.
- Limited to: Patients or family members/caregivers of patients who have received palliative care services or have an interest in palliative care services.
- Covers: Full Summit 2020 Registration and related lodging for the recipient for 1-3 nights at the Hyatt Regency host hotel. (Travel not included.)
- Application Form: Complete and submit the Scholarship Application for Engaged Patient/Caregiver online using GoogleForms, or download and complete the MS Word version and email it to email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA STATE EMPLOYEE SCHOLARSHIPS (Funding provided by the Gary and Mary West Foundation)
Goal: To provide opportunities to inform and educate state employees and legislative staff about palliative care so that every state agency whose work touches on care for serious illness will have at least one staff member who has accurate and current knowledge.
- Limited to: Individuals employed (full or part-time) by the State of California who have an interest in palliative care/advance care planning and a willingness to serve as a future informational resource on palliative care to others in unit/department.
- Covers: Full Summit 2020 Registration only. (Hotel/travel not included.)
- Application Form: Complete and submit the Scholarship Application for State Employees online using GoogleForms, or download and complete the MS Word version and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.