Following the Summit, professionals will be able to:
- Talk more confidently to patients about where they stand in the trajectory of serious, chronic, or terminal illness, discover what matters to them, and help them prepare for a better end of life.
- Identify best practices for navigating a life transition, coping with loss or serious illness and how they guide us toward appreciating life’s preciousness.
- Describe best practices and innovations in serious illness and end-of-life care.
- Identify opportunities and best practices for optimal Pediatric Palliative Care
- Understand the impact of palliative care from a patient perspective
- Describe the current state of POLST eRegistry development and technology in California.
- Demonstrate a better understanding of challenges and strategies for implementing palliative care programs under SB1004.
- Describe the ways that understanding death can help guide you to a more meaningful life
CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
Full attendance, in its entirety, is required at all education sessions in order to receive professional continuing education credits (CMEs/CEs). Continuing education is provided for full-day attendance. Partial day credit is not available.
All attendees must sign in with their professional license numbers in the morning of each day of the Summit. In order to receive credit, participants must complete an online survey within 30 days following the Summit in order to receive a CME/CE certificate. Continuing education certificates will be sent via email. Certificates of attendance will be available at the end of the Summit in the afternoon of Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Note: A 50-minute minimum of uninterrupted time is required to qualify for one hour of CME/CE credit. Continuing education excludes lunch and break periods.
|Physicians & Physician Assistants||Application for CME credit has been filed with the America Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending. CME credits are sponsored by the Partnership HealthPlan of California.|
|Nurses||Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15403, for approximately 10 contact hours.|
|Social Workers||This course meets the qualifications for approximately 10 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CCCC is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LCSWs and LMFTs, Provider #91987.|
|Nursing Home Administrators||An application has been made to the California Nursing Home Administration program (NHAP# CEP 1735) for an estimated 10 NHAP/P credits. Determination is pending.|
|Chaplains||This program may be used for continuing education credit for chaplains certified with the Board of Chaplaincy Certification, Inc.|
Coalition for Compassionate Care of California maintains responsibility for this course and its content. For any questions or to address a grievance, contact us.