The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is a statewide collaboration of healthcare providers, consumers, government agencies, and others working to improve palliative and end-of-life care. CCCC brings together societal, professional and institutional aspects of our culture to make improvements in the delivery of health care to people with advanced illness.
You are invited to submit a proposal to present at the upcoming CCCC Annual Summit.
The submission deadline for poster proposals is 8:00 am on Monday, December 11, 2017.
About the Palliative Care Poster Session
Poster topics should focus on programs and projects that increase access to community-based palliative care. Posters will be viewed during a networking reception where Summit attendees will have an opportunity to talk with you and learn from your work.
Posters should include a program description, solutions that address the topic, and a description of the results (outcomes/data).
Poster topics include
- Successful models of palliative care across the continuum
- Advance care planning in healthcare systems and communities
- Increasing access to palliative care for diverse populations
- Engaging the community
- Promoting the conversation
- POLST quality improvement
- Population health management
- Palliative care in skilled nursing facilities
- Innovations in patient and family engagement in palliative care (from healthcare provider
or e-Patient prospective)
- Evolving palliative care applications for pediatrics, adolescents and young adults
- Implementing palliative care for Medi-Cal enrollees related to SB1004
Submissions from all health professionals are eligible. Commercial posters are not eligible.
Poster Submission Guidelines
- Posters must be placed onto a 40” x 60” foam board. Posters must be displayed as a single poster or individually printed PowerPoint slides. Easels will be provided for display.
- Lettering should be large enough to be legible from a distance of 4–6 feet.
- Poster sessions are educational. Promotional items such as consulting services and/or products will not be permitted.
- Only the use of generic names for pharmaceuticals will be acceptable.
- Presenter(s) must register and attend the CCCC conference to present their poster.
A written abstract of no more than 250 words describing your poster (not including title, names and affiliations) must be submitted by Monday, December 11, 2017.
The abstract should include the following information:
- Title of poster
- Names and affiliations
- Background/Objective/Research question: State the objective, question or purpose of project
- Methods/Study Design: Short description of study design or project process
- Results/Analysis: Provide the main outcomes, results and statistics (if used)
- Conclusions/Interpretations: Discussion, conclusions found by the study or project
One presenter per accepted poster will receive a 50 percent discount on summit registration.
Palliative care poster submissions
Submit abstracts via:
- E-mail: kscholl @ coalitionccc.org
- Fax: (888) 789-9475
- Mail: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California, Attn: Keeta Scholl, 1331 Garden Highway, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833
Contact Keeta Scholl with questions at (916) 993-7738.