For the second year in a row Children’s Hospice & Palliative Care Coalition is curating a comprehensive pediatric track at the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California Annual Palliative Care Summit.
9th Annual Palliative Care Summit
March 13-14, 2017
The 2017 pediatric track features:
- Break-out sessions with several of California’s leading experts in pediatric palliative care
- Main stage panel with three young adult advocates who will talk candidly about growing up and living with a life-threatening illness
Aimed at providers caring for people of all ages—children, adolescents, teenagers, young adults, adults and seniors—the Summit was designed for physicians, nurses, social workers, nursing home administrators, chaplains, patients and consumers who are interested in palliative care best practices, quality and policy.
Pediatric topics include:
- A Learning Collaborative to Improve Home-Based Care for Children
- Defining, Evaluating & Articulating Social Work in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Harnessing the Power of Telemedicine in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Main Stage Panel Session: The Road Unpaved: When Young Adults Become Engaged Patients
- Plus office hours and pediatric poster session
- View the full program
Pediatric sessions feature presenters from:
- By the Bay Kids
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Loyola Marymount University
- Rady Children’s Hospital
- Scripps Health
- University of California, San Francisco
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- And patients!
Are you an e-patient or patient advocate? Learn about available scholarship opportunities.